There are many ways to be involved with Christmas House to help provide gifts for needy children. You can donate money or new gifts; make gifts; volunteer your time, vehicles or storage space; host a donation barrel at your place of business during Nov/Dec; or hold a fundraiser or gift drive to benefit Christmas House. See the information below, or email email@example.com.
Help us share ideas of how to help Christmas House. Print a bookmarkÂ of the information presented on this page and share it with family, friends and coworkers.
Â DonateÂ Funds by Mail
Christmas House gladly accepts donations of money throughout the year. ChecksÂ may be sent to:
P.O. Box 717
Everett, WA 98206
Â Â DonateÂ Funds Online
- Process online donations via Paypal or credit cardÂ by selecting the DONATE button, or
- Make an online donation usingÂ The Network for GoodÂ (WA state residents only).
Â Shop and Help Us Receive Store DonationsÂ
- Shop online at smile.amazon.com (the same great prices and selections as amazon.com), choose Christmas House as your organization, and Amazon will donation a portion of the purchase price (5%) to Christmas House at no extra cost to you. Find more Q&As online at http://smile.amazon.com/about … or just visit www.smile.amazon.com, select Christmas HouseÂ and start shopping!
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Christmas House. Fred Meyer stores in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington will donate money to Christmas House each time a customer uses their Rewards Card and has gone online to designate Christmas House as the recipient. (www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewardsÂ – search by our name or 88943). You still earn your usual Rewards points and benefits, PLUS now can benefit Christmas House, too. Sign up today!
- JoinÂ iGive.com, which hasÂ links to 1,700Â internet shopping sites. Christmas House earns money when you make purchases from these retail sites. You can join iGive.comÂ (free) and designate Christmas House as your charityÂ to receive aÂ commission from your purchases. It’s simple and easy … after you join and download the button, itÂ will appear on the many participating websites whenever you visit their site.
- ShopÂ usingÂ StadiumFlowers.comÂ and select Christmas House as your charityÂ onÂ the checkout pageÂ and we will receive $2 for each purchase.
Â DonateÂ Funds at Work
- Christmas House is not a United Way agency, but the United Way distributes funds to non-affiliated agencies, when they are designated. If your company uses United Way for its workplace campaigns you can still donate to us by designating your dollars specifically to Christmas House. The number assigned to Christmas House is 9560.
- Boeing employees can donate to Christmas House through the Employee Community Fund, by designating the money to Christmas House. Our identification number is A-18525.
- Microsoft employees who volunteer 10 or more hours in 12 months can log their hours with the company Volunteer Match Program and Christmas House will receive $17 for each hour they volunteered with us.
- Microsoft employees can make donations to Christmas House through their company (minimum donation of $25).
- State, federal or local government employees in the State of Washington, using Local Independent Charities or Combined Federal Charities for workplace campaigns, may designate donations to Christmas House.
Â DonateÂ Gifts
- During Nov/Dec, gift donations may be dropped off at any location listed on our Donation Sites page.
- To make delivery arrangements for donating directly to Christmas House, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 425-338-2273.
Â Hold A Fundraiser/Gift Drive
Learn about a Â few organizations/companies that held fundraisers/drives in previous years:
- Judd & Black held their annual charity golf tourney at Battle Creek Golf Course in Marysville and donated $8,000 to Christmas House.
- Three area taverns/bar & grills each had bands play and collected toys and cash for Christmas House. ($1,135 + toys)
- Snocope Credit Union tellers put collection jars at their teller stations and a collection box for toys in their bank. ($513 + toys)
- Employees from the Snohomish County Info. Services Dept. put on a turkey dinner for staff and all proceeds ($1,848) were donated to Christmas House.
- The Goldwing Touring Association (GWTA) Chapter C, Evergreen Wings motorcycle club held their annual Fun Run Motorcycle Ride and donated proceeds to Christmas House. Their efforts raised $1,000. In addition to volunteering while the store is open to shoppers, they also held a toy and clothing drive.
- Sterling Savings Bank (formerly Golf Savings Bank) in Mountlake Terrace held a combination pancake breakfast / bake sale / pie-throwing contest among their employees and customers. These endeavors raised $4,055 for Christmas House.
- Perteet, Inc., a consulting engineering firm in Everett, held a piggy bank decorating contest and collection among their employees. Perteet then matched their employee donations giving a total of $1,092 to Christmas House.
- Twenty-sixÂ Penny Creek Elementary second-grade students spent a $10 grant on art supplies so they could make posters announcing their effort to collect hats, gloves and earmuffs for Christmas House. Donations boxes were set up at the school and at the end of their efforts theyÂ were excited to donateÂ 2,027 items to Christmas House.
Â Host aÂ DonationÂ Collection Box
Are you interested in placingÂ a collection box at your place of business during November and December to collect new gifts for Christmas House? Here’s how you can help us . . .
- Select a box appropriate to collect the new gifts in,
- Cover it with Christmas wrapping paper and attach one of our signs (print 8.5 x 11″ version; printÂ 11 x 17″ version),
- Spread the word to your customers/employees, and
- Deliver the collected gifts/toys to us. Call 425-338-2273 to make arrangements.
If your donation site is open to public contributions, let us know and we’ll add your location to our website listing. During November and December, you can view the list from the link on the menu bar at the top of the page.