Volunteer registration begins Monday, Oct. 4. The current plan is to operate Christmas House as usual with a few modifications (see below). Directors are working with the Snohomish Health District to ensure a safe operation plan and if the plan changes between now and opening (due to COVID-19 county guidelines), volunteers will be contacted. A final decision about opening will be made in early November.
Please read the volunteer details below before registering to volunteer.
Christmas House is a 100% volunteer organization. We need hundreds of volunteers to help us make Christmas House a success each year. Without enough volunteers, we will not be able to open. A gift of your time is valuable in making Christmas House happen each year. We invite you to join us!
The majority of volunteers help from Thanksgiving weekend through Christmas weekend while the “store” is being set up, open to shoppers and being packed up. In November/December volunteers help us move boxes and merchandise, set up the store, assist shoppers as they select gifts, provide translation assistance, input data into computers, stock tables and racks, bag up selections and help shoppers to their vehicles.
2021 Volunteer details . . .
- Signups: Online registration is available Oct. 4. Use the Register tab on this website. No groups will be allowed to reserve spots this year.
- Ages: All volunteers for all shifts must be age 16 or older.
- Abilities: For all shifts all volunteers must be able to lift and walk a lot; some will need to spend time outside.Â
- Food: Water will be available but no food will be provided and no eating will be allowed in the building.
- Safety: All volunteers must wear their own face masks. Depending on county guidelines, additional safety measures MAY be required such as checking in at the door, proof of vaccination/negative COVID test within 72 hours, etc.
- Health Check: Please do not come to Christmas House if you have symptoms, have recently been near others who have tested positive, or you do not feel well. View symptoms.
- Contact us early: If you cannot come to your shift, please call us as soon as possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-963-5676.
Volunteer opportunities are shown in blue and red on the calendar below. The dates Christmas House will be open to shoppers in 2021 are shown in red; move-in/setup days are in blue. After October 5, use our online volunteer registration system to choose the times you’d like to help.
Christmas House will be held at the Everett Boys and Girls Club, 2316-12th Street, Everett, WA.